Horry County Government [ Home | Programs | Facilities | Contact Us | FAQ | Jobs | Links | Register | Archives ]  

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Table of Contents

Are your programs open to non-residents?

Yes, programs are open and offered at the same price to non-residents.


Can I register by fax?

Please call our office to confirm we received the fax legibly at 915-5330. The fax number is 915-6330.


Can I register over the phone?

At this time, we do not accept phone registrations.


Do you accept credit cards?

We accept credit cards once logged in the online registration.


How can I become a crafter, food vendor, or entertainer at a Parks and Recreation festival or special event?

Call Bonnie Fitz at (843) 915-7872 and request a vendor application.


How can I reserve a picnic pavilion or playing field at one of the parks?

Currently the picnic pavilions are first come, first served or are available for reservation for a fee. Please contact our office to learn more. All parties are requested to follow the golden rule of leaving the pavilion in a cleaner state than they found it at the conclusion of their gathering.


How do a I register for after school programs, summer youth adventure day camps, athletic leagues, senior events and/or special events?

Please call the offices of Horry County Parks and Recreation at (843) 915-5330.


How do I get a copy of the Leisure Times brochure?

The Leisure Times brochure is published quarterly (Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter) and is mailed to all Parks and Recreation mailing list addresses. Copies can be picked up at all County Libraries. Our Leisure Times brochure is also distributed to County students through participating schools. The Leisure Times is also available here as a .pdf file.


What are your hours?

The Parks and Recreation office is open Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Please call our office at 915-5330. We are closed on most major Holidays.


What is your refund policy?

Unless noted in a description or other published material, customer-initiated refunds will be honored up until the first class meeting. If the refund is requested as a household credit, a credit which can be used toward future activities, the entire amount will be credited. If a refund check is requested, it will be mailed within 4 weeks less a $5.00 processing fee. No refunds after the start of the first class or athletic event will be issued.

Parks & Recreation reserves the right to cancel a program due to a lack of enrollment or circumstances arising out of its control. If a program is cancelled all registrants will be notified and a full refund of registration fees will be processed.

Trip Refunds: No refunds on 1-day trips and extended travel unless a replacement is found.
Special Event Refunds: There are no refunds on special events.


When is the last day I can register?

Do not delay in registering for a program. Most of our programs reach capacity quickly. Since we don't want you to miss out, sign up as soon as your Leisure Times brochure shows up. Nothing ruins a good program quicker than everyone waiting until the last minute to register! Please register early to ensure that the program will run.


Where is the Horry County Parks and Recreation office?

Our office is located in the Cochran Building at 2830 Oak Street, Conway, 29526. We are located just off of Cultra Rd. (Directions from the beach: Take 501 By-Pass heading into Conway. Directions from the Beach: Take Hwy 501 By-Pass into Conway. When you reach the Traffic Light at the intersection of Hwy 501 By-Pass and Cultra Road (where the Conway Wal-Mart is located), you will take a right. At the next light you will turn left onto Oak Street. We are located less than a mile down on the right.)


Who do I call if I have a general question about Horry County, that does not pertain to Parks and Recreation?

You can call the County's Public Information Booth at (843) 915-5000. See also www.horrycounty.org for more information.


Who do I call to report a stray dog or injured wildlife?

Call Environmental Services at (843) 915-5170


Who should I contact concerning the State Parks in and around the Horry County area?

The Myrtle Beach State Park phone number is (843) 238-5325.

The Huntington Beach State Park phone number is (843) 237-4440.

You may also call toll free 1-888-88-PARKS for a free state parks camping brochure.


Horry County Parks & Recreation | 2830 Oak Street (Cochran Building) | Conway, SC 29526 | view map | mission statement

Please contact Parks & Rec if you have any questions or concerns regarding this site:
Call: 843-915-5330   
|     Fax: 843-915-6330     |     E-Mail: parksandrec@horrycounty.org